Definitions and interpretation
Data – collectively all the information that you submit to Roderick Benzies trading as Get2grips Advanced Motorcycle Training via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws.
Data Protection Laws – any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations and secondary legislation;
GDPR – the UK General Data Protection Regulation;
Roderick Benzies trading as Get2grips Advanced Motorcycle Training, we or us – Roderick Benzies trading as Get2grips Advanced Motorcycle Training of Lindenmoor View, The Green, Burrelton, Perthshire, PH13 9NU;
User or you – any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Roderick Benzies trading as Get2grips Advanced Motorcycle Training and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Roderick Benzies trading as Get2grips Advanced Motorcycle Training and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website – the website that you are currently using, www.get2grips.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa; b. references to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices are to
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities,
trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provisionincludes any modification or
amendment of it;
Get2grips Advanced Motorcycle Training and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
4. For the purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Roderick Benzies
trading as Get2grips Advanced Motorcycle Training is the “data controller”.
This means that Roderick Benzies trading as Get2grips Advanced
Motorcycle Training determines the purpose for which, and the manner in
which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Roderick Benzies trading as Get2grips Advanced Motorcycle Training will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or
through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products /
c. when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website.
This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and
navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency
with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
11. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and /or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
12. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. relevant authorities – to facilitate the detection of crime;
b. Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency – to allow the issue of the “Enhanced
Rider Scheme” certificate:
Keeping Data secure
13. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is
unique to you.
b. we store your Data on a secure server.
14. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
17. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold
about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such
information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about
you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly
unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may
refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reason
b. Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or
c. Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data
from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block us from using
your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to Data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or
transfer your Data.
f. Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where
we use it for our legitimate interests.
18. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: Roderick@get2grips.co.uk.
19. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to how your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the U.K. this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at www.ico.org.uk.
20. It is important that Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
23. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
24. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
27. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
28. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of Scotland. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
You may contact Roderick Benzies trading as Get2grips Advanced Motorcycle Training by e-mail at Roderick@get2grips.co.uk.